Apple App Review Process – Took Over 3 Months

So after three months… Our app is not yet live. Me and various teams of mine submitted over 100 apps and updates in various regions and categories. We never had such a long review process. Even close. Ever. So I’ve decided to publish an article to view some light and potentially ask if anyone has an idea why it happened for us with this app.

This is a financial app for Maxico region (due to confidentiality reasons I cannot reveal name of the app). We have initially submitted it on 1st of December, 2016. It went into review and got approved on 5th of December. Brilliant.

But then we had a little issue and we had to release update before going live. Nothing major, really. We did not change any requirement for our clients or anything similar. We submitted another version on 19th of December. it went into review again on 20th of December and got went¬†as “Metadata Rejected”. Reason was that dear Apple Review Team wanted to understand why we are asking such sensitive information about our client. We are providing financial services so this is absolutely necessary. Part of official Mexico law document was provided to Apple Review team.

After this we had on long period on trying to contact apple review team on the phone, because they were not able to contact us (due to reason “wrong contact details”). Even after providing local business representative contact in Mexico, apple took a long time to finally reach to us. Meanwhile we made at least 30 calls which all went to answering machine (yes, it was working time in local to reviewers time zone).

When Apple finally reached our representative – they didn’t ask any questions. They simply said that they will review our app. Whoa!!!

fullsizerender_12_cenzo

So the last thing – App is In Review since 2nd of February, 2017. Today we have 27th of February 2017.

Oh, I forgot to mention – we’ve just sent third appeal to Apple Review Board.

Any ideas what went wrong? Please share in comment below.

Advertisements

Unable to Download error with iOS ad-hoc over the air distribution

Trying to install an enterprise app on an iPhone and iPad from my web server. The iPhone worked fine but the iPad was failing with the above error message. Me and Justas racked our brains and lost many sleepless minutes trying to figure out what was wrong.

After losing all hope, I tracked down the problem to a simple casing issue. Specifically, the icon image for the iPad, which had a capital letter in the name on the server but I typed the name in lowercase in the plist file. So, actually the ipa, the plist could be downloaded fine, but the download failed for the icon.

Correcting the case of the icon fixed the problem and the app is downloading now. So, be very careful with your paths and if you have this error, check you can download all the resources from a web browser from your server, the icons, the ipa, the plist files.

Cheers,